FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AM+F ACHIEVES OVER $3.1 MILLION IN SETTLEMENTS FOR CLIENTS
In the last four months, AM+F has achieved settlements on behalf of individuals totaling just over $3.1 million against employers. Some of these settlements were achieved by informal, pre-litigation negotiations without having to bring lawsuits to vindicate clients’ rights. Among the settlements:
• $1.5 million for violations of the California Family Rights Act and retaliation in connection with the Family Medical Leave Act;
• Two awards each, one for $585,000 and another for $360,000,for disability discrimination and failure to accommodate;
• $137,000 for age and disability discrimination;
• $90,000 for sex discrimination; and
• $85,000 for disability discrimination and retaliation. AM+F is skilled in mediation and other forms of informal negotiation which it occasionally recommends to clients in circumstances in which going to trial is not advantageous.