A HISTORY OF IMPRESSIVE RESULTS
Family Rights Act
- An October 2018 verdict of $3 million California Family Rights Act award to a security guard who was forbidden from taking emergency family leave to attend to his sick, high school aged daughter, and was deemed to have abandoned his job, even after being given permission to leave his post. A case tried by AMF.
- In 2018, AMF prevailed on an appellate writ petition to allow our client to assert the remedy of punitive damages in a cancer, disability and age discrimination case.
- In November 2016, obtained a $310,000 verdict against Kaiser Permanente Hospital for failing to accommodate an experienced, well-qualified nurse.
- In March 2014, obtained a $6.9 million judgment on behalf of three Latino police officers denied promotion based on race.
- A $3.2 million arbitration award for a stock broker for sex discrimination.
- A $2.5 million jury verdict for age discrimination against a television reporter.
- In July 2012, obtained an age discrimination verdict, where a city of Long Beach computer operator was forced to resign, and the jury found constructive discharge.
- In January 2017, obtained a $2.5 million verdict on behalf of a corporate attorney who was terminated and defamed in retaliation for insisting on truthful disclosure of information on financial disclosure statements.
Wage and Hour
- Numerous seven-figure wage and hour class action settlements handled by AMF.
- A multimillion-dollar settlement of a sexual assault claim
Fair Pay Act
- A multimillion-dollar settlement of a California Fair Pay Act claim.
- Numerous six and seven figure settlements in cases alleging FMLA/CFRA violations, retaliation, whistleblower liability, sexual harassment and assault, pregnancy discrimination, sex discrimination, disability discrimination, age discrimination, breach of contract, wrongful termination, and wage and hour violations.
- A $1.2 million “glass ceiling” failure to promote verdict on behalf of a female employee of the County of Los Angeles Department of Health Services
- A $1 million jury verdict for a chief nursing officer subjected to retaliation for standing up to sexual harassment.
- In March 2016, obtained an $800,000 settlement for a city of Montebello whistleblower who was terminated as a scapegoat and falsely blamed for mismanagement of city funds.
- In November 2014, obtained a $1.6 million disability and defamation verdict on behalf of an hourly fork lift operator against Costco.
WORK WITH OUR DISTINGUISHED TEAM
Our dedication to employee justice drives us to always work to achieve the best possible result for each client. If you have experienced discrimination, harassment, retaliation, defamation or breach of contract by your employer, we are here to listen. You deserve a lawyer who will fight for you. To learn how we can help, call 310-394-0888 or use our online contact form.